Tramping planning for Summer 2016/2017
This year is about getting stuff done!
|View from Mt Grey, October 2016|
- Avalanche Peak via Scotts track, Arthurs Pass NP (Dec 2016:There is still ice and snow up there and I'm not a mountaineer)
- Hope Halfway Hut visit (Completed October 2016 )
- Woolshed Hill, Arthurs Pass NP
- Up the Taipo River to Dillons Hut and Dillons Homestead, Arthur's Pass NP, hut baggin (Road...I shall say no more!)
- Mt Grey Track, Canterbury foothills (completed November 2016)
- St Arnaud Range Track (completed in late November 2016)
- Speargrass Track to Speargrass hut (completed late November 2016)
|Speargrass Slip, November 2016|
- Lake Rotoiti Circuit, Travers Valley, I'm doing a recce of Nelson Lakes NP as I'm planning to walk the Travers-Sabine Circuit in April 2017. I have tramped in the area before but only a really long time ago. (Completed November 2016)
|View from Coldwater Hut jetty|
- Lucretia Biv route, Lewis Pass SR,
- Sudden Valley, Arthur's Pass NP, This route is reliant on dry conditions to be viable as you have to cross Sudden Valley Stream a number of times.
- Nina Hut, Lewis Pass Scenic Reserve (Completed December 2016)
- Wharfedale Track, Lees Valley to Whafedale Hut, Mt Oxford FP. I have previously walked the other end of this track back in 2013, so I'm connecting the dots really.
- The Travers-Sabine Circuit, Nelson Lakes NP. (5-6 Days) This will be completely reliant on time/leave/finances in 2017. The body is keen...the pocket book empty!
- The Abel Tasman Coastal Track, 3-4 Days, April-May 2017 (Planned to walk this in September 2016 but bad weather caused a cancellation of my plans 2 weeks out...I'm keen as mustard to do it....)
|Jon in the Nina Valley, December 2016|
The Te Araroa Trail
- Harper Pass Track, SH73 to Lewis Pass, Otira River ford to Windy Point, NOBO, (4-6 Days) (Set for 20-26th February 2016)
- Richmond to Anakiwa via the Pelorous River Track, NOBO, (4-5 days) (March 2017)
- Migha-Deception track, SH73 to Bealey River, SOBO (2-3 Days) (if time allows in 2017)
|On the QCT February 2016|